Monday, January 4, 2010

The rental

It's been a while since I've posted, largely because of the holiday season and my work schedule has been limited. However, goal to be out of debt hasn't been uneventful.

I just got off the phone with Jim and Donna Rae Tuller. They were renting our basement out for $475 per month, and just called to give us the 30 days notice that they were moving. This came 2 weeks after we got a call from our upstairs tenant that said she was moving out at the beginning of January.

Needless to say, I have been on the phone with someone to help us short sell our house. I'm feeling that this is Heavenly Father's way of telling us to get out of that money sucking investment so that we can work on getting our lives in order financially.

I can't say that I'll never be a landlord again, but I'll definitely be in a better position financially and own a piece of property worth renting before I do.

This comes partially as a discouragement, knowing that I'm essentially giving up on something, but I'm trying to look at the big picture that this is all part of the process to become debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment