I don't write in here everyday like I planned on. Sometimes it's difficult to find the motivation to focus my attention on the big picture when the day-to-day details force my focus toward the minute and distracting. It seems to be a constant struggle to find purpose in dealing with issues that sap my energy, rather than feed it.
It continues to be a roller coaster of events. Fortunately, I'm finding myself sticking to my guns about my goal to be out of debt, and am eagerly searching for opportunities to propel our situation in that direction. Still, life inevitably happens, and forces a step back once in a while. A test of strength, and determination, I suppose.
Some setbacks:
1. I got pulled over for a blinker problem and found that I didn't have car insurance. The fine is going to be $150. This is money that should be going to debt, and it isn't even going anywhere fun. Needless to say, I have insurance
2. This last weekend I got a terrible toothache that left me in pain and unable to sleep at all Sunday night. I made an emergency trip to the dentist to temporarily fix the issue.
3. The cloggers that originally signed up admitted that they were unable to pay right now. I don't have the heart to turn them away. Some of it is the hope that they will be able to pay soon, and some is feeling bad about turning someone away because of finances. So, instead of 3 new paying students, we have 1.
4. I called our RCI card, who refused to take our 30% interest rate down a little. Then, we got a letter in the mail saying that they've reduced our limit to $3000. I hate credit card companies.
Some blessings to offset the setbacks:
1. We got auto insurance for a great rate. We got 1 car insured for $44 per month. That includes FULL coverage and roadside assistance. Pretty sweet. This was through progressive, and we had it through American Family Insurance before. With them it was about $75 to insure one vehicle, AND we had basic liability and no roadside assistance.
2. The dentist we went to is a friend of the Tolmans. The work I had done should have cost $340 or so, but he gave us his discount, making our cost only $125. How great is that!? Also, he said we could work out a payment plan to take care of the rest of my teeth (they are really bad)
I felt very grateful to be lableled among the Tolman family! (Although he did give me a hard time about being the shortest, and a dancer instead of a basketball player :)
3. We made more money on the Idaho Rhythm merchandise than we thought we would. We sell t-shirts and other things with our name on it, and have them made from a local company, who marks things up and let's us keep some of the profit. Altogether, we probably took in over $300. This helped us put extra towards our debt for December.
Each day we move closer to our goal. Even though I feel the setbacks, and know that there is pressure, I feel positive in knowing that we are making great strides towards eliminating our debt.
My next steps:
1. Get the class over Christmas break finalized. Secure at least $150-$200 for it.
2. Goal between now and January 31: pay $700 towards the chase card
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment