Wednesday, December 2, 2009

From the beginning


On this 2nd day of december, I begin this quest to get out of debt.



Here's where we are as exact as I have information at this time. Essentially, we have $20,436 worth of debt right now, and will pay over $8,000 in interest by paying minimum payments. Also, we wouldn't be out of debt until August of 2024.





Now, the lofty goal.



I want to be completely out of credit card debt by December 31, 2010. If possible, I'd like to eliminate the Worldmark debt as well. I have 13 months to do this. I hate being in debt, and never have I wanted to get out of debt more than right now.



We are going to use debt stacking, and I'm going to work as much as I can to get things paid off quickly.


Goal #1: get Living Scriptures paid off by the end of December. As of November 1st, we owed $298.00.
My plan is to see if we can offer them less than that and get it paid off with some of the final payment down. I don't even care if we get all of our movies or not. I just want out of that! I will try and offer $150, if they will leave us alone, not send any more movies, and let it go. After that, I will try for $200 for them to not send us any more movies, and let it go. If not, I'll ask if they will offer us any deal for paying off, write them a check for $298 if I have to and we are one step closer! I will report on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment