The hardest part of achieving a major goal is keeping up the drive when the adrenaline of starting is over. I think that's one of the reasons why major goals need to be broken up into edible chunks. It's a type of fuel to get passed one of the smaller goals that pushes you onto the next task.
I just sent 2 checks; one went to Living Scriptures for $87. The second check was written for $540 to NCO and is sent to them. They are paid off as well. Looking at our total amount owed based on the debt elimination page, here are the figures
Old amount owed: $20,346
Living scriptures: $375 - we closed the account without receiving any more videos.
NCO: $675 - we inaccurately estimated this one too high.
Total paid off: $1050
New amount owed: $19296
I know this isn't entirely accurate because we're still paying the minimum balances on the other debts, but maybe with the interest we're paying, it's close.
These first 2 debts came off a lot quicker than we were estimating. It's amazing to see the wheels start turning when you begin to put your mind to something.
The next debt isn't scheduled to be paid off until August. I'd like to see us pay it off before June. I also know that we need to factor in some other issues. For example, we need to get $1000 for an emergency fund. That may not be a bad idea to do, then, when we have $1000 left to be out of debt, we'll throw that into the mix.
I found out that the church is against hypnotism for recreation. I'm battling between my faith and being really disappointed. I get $600 per show, and was going to probably do upwards of 6 shows this season. That would have been $3600 this summer of money that I didn't count on. I was going to do it again this summer, and could have easily made enough to pay for our summer without clogging, and maybe make some headway on our debt. But, I want to be faithful in all things, so I know the Lord will open a door to help me keep my goal as I seek first the kingdom of God.
Last night, I got a call from my cousin Angie Ebeltoft who made mention about a possible opportunity running the snow cone stand for special events at the Idaho Center. She said we could make about $2500 a piece. I don't think it will happen, but it showed me at least that there are possible doors that could be opened that I didn't know about before.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment